Guelph Hiking Trail Club (GHTC) collects personal information (such as name, address, phone number, age, and e-mail address) for one or more of the following purposes:
- processing memberships
- contacting members about renewing their membership or taking on a volunteer task
- providing newsletters and other Club-related information by postal mail or e-mail
- communicating with members to request feedback for the development of activities, products, and services related to the Club’s operation
- having emergency contact information for participants in Club events
- providing contact information for events published in the newsletter, e-mails, website and media. GHTC will obtain permission from volunteers before publishing their contact information (name, telephone number and/or e-mail address) in print or electronic media.
GHTC keeps all personal information secure and confidential, limiting access to only GHTC volunteers who need the information in order to provide sanctioned services or to carry out their assigned GHTC tasks. Once the need for the collected information has ended the information is securely destroyed.
Collected information will remain confidential and not be disclosed to third parties without a member’s written permission except where required by law or regulation. In cases of medical emergencies, we may use your personal information to inform your designated contact and assist emergency medical personnel.
Upon request, GHTC will provide individual members and volunteers with access to all information that is maintained about them in GHTC databases.
or P.O. Box 1, Guelph ON N1H 6J6.